Reselling is basically a process which involves using the resources of parent web hosting companies and selling it as one of their own. Most of the hosting companies today have reseller web hosting packages that you can buy. There are a number of benefits you can get by hosting your website with a reseller. At the same point of time, if you choose the wrong reseller, you could face a lot of trouble.
But, it’s important that you have all of the information necessary to determine whether or not this can work for you and how you can make the most of it.
Some hosts charge resellers on per client basis. Here, whenever another client is added by the reseller, the host charges them. There are various other packages available as well. However, there are a few common features for all packages. They are:
• You can brand your own hosting company as the parent hosting company.
• You can manage plans of your own and configure accounts as per your requirement.
• Disc space
• Pass on features to clients just like the parent company offers you like email, additional scripts, control panel, monitoring tools, etc.
Does reseller web hosting make a difference?
Most reseller hosts are well-respected and will offer a high quality of service. But there are others who might not be as honorable. Resellers may not be able to offer as efficient customer support as compared to the parent host and you may need to wait for assistance. If the reseller isn’t as strong as the parent company, you will have to suffer because of constant outages, lesser uptime, etc.
Some resellers may even offer fewer features as compared to the parent company. They may even charge you more. What’s more, they can keep control of your website and cause trouble if you are trying to shift to another host. In such situations, your best bet would be to contact the parent company directly.
Can you offer reseller web hosting?
Here are a few simple steps that will help you start your own reseller web hosting business:
• Find out about all of the web hosts which offer reseller hosting.
• Consider the number of customer you think you can add right away to your new business. This will help determine the type of package you should go with.
• Determine the size and types of packages that you are going to offer your customers.
• Determine the price that you will sell the packages for of if you are going to use the hosting for adding a value added service to any of your related services.
• Compare the various reseller hosting plans available to you in order to determine the one that suits you the most and is nearest to your budget.
• Sign up for that plan.
• Follow the instructions and set up all your packages.
• Begin marketing this new business of yours.
• Support your customers and watch as your reseller web hosting business grows.